eat sleep eat repeat
Home · Food · Twitter · Facebook · Jux · Contact



A glimpse into my personal life along
w/ my scrumptious food adventures!
Follow me on Instagram
@eatsleepeatrepeat_
Instagram

take your pick



footsteps

twitter


Global Destinations
Waku Ghin, Singapore
Jaan, Singapore
The Fat Duck, Melbourne
Bo Innovation, Hong Kong
Wafills, Hong Kong
Alice on Wednesday, Japan

Before I Die
Ultra Music Festival Miami
Tomorrowland Belgium
Electric Daisy Carnival
Defqon 1
Disneyworld Florida
France, Italy, Paris, Amsterdam, London, Ibiza
Buy a Modern House

Recent Posts
· Thesis Poster
· Cow & Moon
· Meadow Cafe
· 21st Birthday Week
· Ryo's Noodles
· Ume
· Burnt Orange
· Ramen Ikkyu
· Wooden Spoon
· August Top 2013

Search

CalvinTCQ Sydney restaurants

Mini Food Gallery
For only food related posts, click on the food link at the top.

Instagram

Brooklyn Hide
Wednesday, September 25, 2013 | Posted by CalvinTCQ ♣ | 0 footsteps ♠

Yet another new cafe popped up in Surry Hills - Brooklyn Hide.
& It's a bagel shop! Oooooooooooh.
I've never tried bagels before, so this was pretty exciting :D

They have several types of bagels on their menu (Sourdough Rye, Poppy Seed, Blueberrye etc.)
You could spread it, or you could go further with adding a meat of your choice! (like chicken or pork)


'Brooklyn Hide is as New York as it gets'


Brooklyn Hide - Braised pork, fresh cucumber & apple jam w/ poppy seed bagel ($10)

I went for the braised pork!
I've tasted some amazing braised/pulled pork in sydney, and I was expecting the same with this choice.
Unfortunately it was dissapointing. 
Sighpies :(

The pork was quite tough and dry.
The whole thing could have seriously been amazing if the pork was tender and soft.
Cause the idea is there!

I tried the bagel just by itself, and it actually tasted nice!
It had this fragrance to the bread that just leaves you wanting more.


Brooklyn Breakfast - Fresh corn, prosciutto, tomato & capsicum w/ oregano bagel ($?)

I thought this was SO cute.
Smallest breakfast pan I've ever seen.
Though, I didn't actually order this, my friend did :P


Midtown - Corned beef, gruyere, sauerkraut, mustard mayonnaise w/ 'abit of everyhing' bagel ($10)

A few of my friends also ordered this, and they seem to like it!

Overall, the Brooklyn Hide 'experience' was pretty good.
I really really like their bagels.
I might actually go back just to have a snack - a simple bagel w/ spread.
But their lunch bagels are nothing to rave about.

I can't believe bagels are not a common thing here.
Come on Sydney! More!

Brooklyn Hide on Urbanspoon

Labels: , ,