Home · Food Reviews · Twitter · Facebook · Jux · Contact



A glimpse into my personal life along
w/ my scrumptious food adventures!
Follow me on Instagram
@eatsleepliverepeat
Instagram

about me

= A Malaysian Soul =
- Foodie at Heart -
+ World Traveller +

footsteps

take your pick



twitter


Global Destinations
Dining in the Dark, KL
Waku Ghin, Singapore
Jaan, Singapore
The Fat Duck, Melbourne
Bo Innovation, Hong Kong
Wafills, Hong Kong
The Great Wall of China

Before I Die
Ultra Music Festival Miami
Tomorrowland Belgium
Electric Daisy Carnival
Defqon 1
Disneyworld Florida
France, Italy, Amsterdam, London, Ibiza
Buy a Modern House
Stay in an Underwater Hotel
Cruise on the Royal Caribbean

Recent Posts
· West Julliet
· Grounds of Alexandria
· Big Stone
· Magnum Pleasure
· Chalkboard Cafe
· Devon Cafe
· fiona's birthday
· could you be mine?
· overwhelmed
· masterchef food truck

Search

CalvinTCQ Sydney restaurants

Mini Gallery
Living life to the fullest #yolo

Instagram

Black Star Pastry
Monday, August 19, 2013 | Posted by CalvinTCQ ♣ | 0 footsteps ♠

A friend recommended me to try this popular strawberry & watermelon cake at Black Star Pastry.
And boy it did not disappoint.



Strawberry & Watermelon Cake w/ almond dacquoise, rose cream, Iranian pistachios, and rose petals ($7)

This cake is delightful!
It's fresh, it's light & it's fragrant.
Every element just goes perfectly well together.
I especially loved that layer of watermelon.
It just lifts the entire cake to a whole new level of refresh-ness(?). 
(I'm trying to say that it's really refreshing)
On top of all that, it just looks so pretty! :D

The shop itself is very small and confined.
We were pretty lucky when we got there. 
We did not have to wait for a long queue & we managed to get a spot inside to sit and enjoy the cake right away.

Considering that they have done this cake so well,
I would imagine that their other pastries are good too. 
I will return to try something else whenever I happen to be in Newtown.

Highly Recommended.

Black Star Pastry on Urbanspoon

Labels: , , , , ,