Home · Food Reviews · Twitter · Facebook · Jux · Contact



A glimpse into my personal life along
w/ my scrumptious food adventures!
Follow me on Instagram
@eatsleepliverepeat
Instagram

about me

= A Malaysian Soul =
- Foodie at Heart -
+ World Traveller +

footsteps

take your pick



twitter


Global Destinations
Dining in the Dark, KL
Waku Ghin, Singapore
Jaan, Singapore
The Fat Duck, Melbourne
Bo Innovation, Hong Kong
Wafills, Hong Kong
The Great Wall of China

Before I Die
Ultra Music Festival Miami
Tomorrowland Belgium
Electric Daisy Carnival
Defqon 1
Disneyworld Florida
France, Italy, Amsterdam, London, Ibiza
Buy a Modern House
Stay in an Underwater Hotel
Cruise on the Royal Caribbean

Recent Posts
· Taiwan Travels : Arrival at Taipei
· Taiwan Post Depression
· Things I Own #003 - Herschel Camo Colorblock Backpack
· Taiwan Trip Countdown
· Papaya's Beach Lodge
· Things I Own #002 - Samsung Galaxy S5
· Things I Own #001 - Mickey Mouse Mug
· Sarawak Kolo Mee
· Name Card
· Eat Sleep Live Repeat

Search

CalvinTCQ Sydney restaurants

Mini Gallery
Living life to the fullest #yolo

Instagram

Taiwan Travels : Shilin Night Market
Wednesday, November 5, 2014 | Posted by CalvinTCQ ♣ | 0 footsteps ♠

On the night of our first day in Taipei, we visited the famous Shilin Night Market
It's known to be the largest night market in Taipei with over 500 food stalls
Be prepared for a flood of photos :P

There's two ways to get to the night Market
You can either alight from Shilin or Jiantan district with both having nearly equal walking distance to the night market


In the train station on the way to Shilin District
So packedddddd
But the train system in Taiwan is super efficient
At peak hours a train comes nearly every two minutes! #whoa


Nearly every signboard in Taiwan has an english translation written on it
So convinient for english travellers like me :P
The market itself is actually quite a distance away from the train station - about 10 minutes walk


And we're here!
For some reason MPY & I did not have much of an appetite during the whole trip :(
No idea why, maybe we were too tired
I would have liked to try a lot more food than I did


The night market wasn't as huge as I thought, but it's definitely the largest night market I've been to so far
There's so much variety of food omg
I'm sure someone has gone into a food coma from feasting at this night market :P

Most of the food here costs around 20~50 TWD (80 cents~$2) 
Extremely cheap!! 
No reason not to splurge :P 
(Okay you might get fat, but hey, #yolo. LOL)

There's actually one main street in Shilin Night Market where all the hot food stalls are located


Taro ballsssssssssssss!


#yum

Strolling, strolling, and we saw this BBQ steak cubes stall
Watching them grill was really mouth-watering
Couldn't resist it so I bought one serve :D



Oh myyyy.


SQUIDDDDDDDDDDDDDD.
That big fat delicious juicy squid :D
I tried the testers and they tasted amazing.
Didn't buy it cause we were too full by then.
Grr I wish I had bigger stomach.

\

Some sort of penis hotdog or penis ice cream HAHA
Asian countries seriously sell the funniest things
I didn't but it though!
#regret

Temples are everywhere in Taipei.
So much so that there's even a temple right in the middle of the night market
#what


#eateatprayrepeat
The location of this temple was really random and funny cause it's located right in the middle of the hottest food street in the night market
So the entrance stairs of the temple became like a dining area for everyone
We joined in the fun :P


#selfie
Below is the mee sua that I was eating :D


Mee sua is quite a popular dish in Taiwan
It was actually the first time trying it
Tasted pretty good!
But ugh, I had a hard time eating that coriander leaf
(I'm not a veggie/herbs person LOL)

After walking through the main street, we continued strolling and we passed by this shop selling oyster omelette #omgahh
Temptation was strong again so we entered and gobbled up another plate of food :P


#anotherselfie
The oysters tasted amazingly fresh
I wish I could eat like this everyday

We spent approximately 2~3 hours in the night market
So if you plan to visit make sure you allow ample time to explore the whole place!
It's also recommended if you go with an empty stomach (or extremely starving) to be able to sample a huge variety of their offering :D

Shilin Night Market was definitely one of the highlight of my trip
A must go if you're in Taiwan