Home · Food Reviews · Twitter · Facebook · Jux · Contact



A glimpse into my personal life along
w/ my scrumptious food adventures!
Follow me on Instagram
@eatsleepliverepeat
Instagram

about me

= A Malaysian Soul =
- Foodie at Heart -
+ World Traveller +

footsteps

take your pick



twitter


Global Destinations
Dining in the Dark, KL
Waku Ghin, Singapore
Jaan, Singapore
The Fat Duck, Melbourne
Bo Innovation, Hong Kong
Wafills, Hong Kong
The Great Wall of China

Before I Die
Ultra Music Festival Miami
Tomorrowland Belgium
Electric Daisy Carnival
Defqon 1
Disneyworld Florida
France, Italy, Amsterdam, London, Ibiza
Buy a Modern House
Stay in an Underwater Hotel
Cruise on the Royal Caribbean

Recent Posts
· Taiwan Travels : Shilin Night Market
· Taiwan Travels : Arrival at Taipei
· Taiwan Post Depression
· Things I Own #003 - Herschel Camo Colorblock Backpack
· Taiwan Trip Countdown
· Papaya's Beach Lodge
· Things I Own #002 - Samsung Galaxy S5
· Things I Own #001 - Mickey Mouse Mug
· Sarawak Kolo Mee
· Name Card

Search

CalvinTCQ Sydney restaurants

Mini Gallery
Living life to the fullest #yolo

Instagram

Taiwan Travels : Jiu Fen Old Street & Sky Castle Teahouse
Sunday, November 9, 2014 | Posted by CalvinTCQ ♣ | 0 footsteps ♠

On the 3rd day of our Taiwan trip, we took a bus to Ruifang District to visit Jiu Fen Old Street which is located up in the mountains
We took a direct bus from Zhongxiao Fuxing, which took about 30 minutes to arrive at the destination


This place is a massive local/tourist attraction in Taiwan cause it's just so cool!
You get that nostalgic feeling while roaming around this place
There's also heaps of shops for your shopping and eating pleasure :)


Let's go in!


The entire street is just filled with rustic shops with wonderful decoration
Exploring this place was really enjoyable


I have no idea what's inside the bottles LOL
Just looked pretty cool and interesting
#pacifier


Yummy fish ballsss!



Our lunch!
Fishball soup is actually quite common and popular in Taiwan
I had fishball soup like twice during the trip
#yum

Halfway through the street we saw this shop exclusively sells maneki-neko
(a.k.a beckoning cat, lucky cat, fortune cat)
They had this wall where everyone could write down their wishes if they bought something from their shop


Every single cat has words written on them to promote/enhance various attributes in life
The most common ones are lucky, wealth, health, love


Look at all these cats!
And this is only a small section
The entire shop was filled with maneki-neko's
Really fascinating :O


With this one being the most fascinating LOL
Not sure if that's suppose to be cute or scary
Maybe both

I usually don't buy things like this but this shop was just so amazing I felt like I had to get one :D
I ended up buying one cat that looked really chilled out and represented both money and 'dreams come true'

We continued strolling along the street and we came across this little place called Sky Castle Teahouse!
(What a great name for a teahouse, feels like I'm in a anime movie)


I saw that they were using charcoal to boil their hot water and I thought it looked really cool
(I'm a sucker when it comes to trying new things)
So we decided to chill, relax and sip some tea while being up in the mountains :)


They had a set of guidelines on how to make tea
Our waitress explained the method in Chinese and I just relied on MPY hoping she actually understood everything LOL
(I can't speak nor understand chinese)

According to MPY, they said for every handful of tea it's recommended that we only pour the hot water into the teapot for a certain amount of time before pouring it out into another pot 
This is to avoid over-soaking of the tea leaves
They said the first soak should be about 15 seconds
Then 10 seconds for the second time and 5 seconds for the next 4 times.
This is to ensure that we are able to get the most out of the tea leaves for a maximum of 6 serves


It was super relaxing just sipping tea and nibbling on green tea biscuits
I even zoned out into complete tranquility for a short period of time


I saw this funny looking figurine when I entered the teahouse
I thought it looked really hideous LOL
Reminds me of squidward
But the more I look at it the more I like it

MPY told me that it's actually a cat
And it's actually to represent our table number which was labelled at the bottom
#sothatswhy

On the right is my adorable mouse ring that I bought for 180TWD = $6 :D
Apparently it's able 'to bring me money from the outside'
#imgonnaberich :P


Our view!
We managed to grab a seat outside and we could enjoy the fresh air as well as the scenery


#teaselfie

If I'm not wrong I think we managed to finish about 12 serves of the teapot in 1.5 hours
My bladder was seriously full by then
I have a small bladder so I had to continuously look for a toilet after we were finished LOL
#fml

Okay that's all I have for this blogpost!
I had an amazing time in Jiu Fen
It was one of the best place I visited in Taiwan
The Sky Caste Teahouse was also an unforgettable experience
I seriously had the best time :)
#highlyrecommended
#pleasebringmeback