Home · Food Reviews · Twitter · Facebook · Jux · Contact



A glimpse into my personal life along
w/ my scrumptious food adventures!
Follow me on Instagram
@eatsleepliverepeat
Instagram

about me

= A Malaysian Soul =
- Foodie at Heart -
+ World Traveller +

footsteps

take your pick



twitter


Global Destinations
Dining in the Dark, KL
Waku Ghin, Singapore
Jaan, Singapore
The Fat Duck, Melbourne
Bo Innovation, Hong Kong
Wafills, Hong Kong
The Great Wall of China

Before I Die
Ultra Music Festival Miami
Tomorrowland Belgium
Electric Daisy Carnival
Defqon 1
Disneyworld Florida
France, Italy, Amsterdam, London, Ibiza
Buy a Modern House
Stay in an Underwater Hotel
Cruise on the Royal Caribbean

Recent Posts
· Ramen Ikkyu
· Wooden Spoon
· August Top 2013
· Cala Luna
· Gelato Messina
· Toshiya
· Mad Spuds
· MasterChef Dining & Bar
· Copo Cafe & Diner
· Chur Burger

Search

CalvinTCQ Sydney restaurants

Mini Gallery
Living life to the fullest #yolo

Instagram

Burnt Orange
Sunday, September 8, 2013 | Posted by CalvinTCQ ♣ | 0 footsteps ♠

My friend requested me to bring him to Burnt Orange for his 'birthday brunch'
Burnt Orange is located in Mosman.
I'm always down for any cafe that's located in Mosman :D


The place was incredibly beautiful!
Argh, I regretted not taking any photos of the cafe itself.

There are a few tables that overlooks the river, and the view is just incredible. 
Having brunch with this view, on a sunny day, is just perfect :)



Eggs Benedict: Poached eggs on toasted brioche & hollandaise sauce w/ Tasmanian smoked salmon ($18)

I opted for their eggs benedict cause I wanted something light and gentle on the tummy.
& I can say that dish was pretty well executed!
I especially loved that they used a brioche instead of regular toast.
The brioche was soft enough that I could just slice my knife through the whole thing. Yum!


Breakfast Bruschetta: Vine tomato & avocado salsa with smoked bacon and poached egg on grilled sourdough ($18)



Buttermilk pancakes w/ double smoked bacon and maple syrup ($15)

Had a taste of my friend's pancakes. 
It was my first time trying bacon with pancakes.
I was pleasantly surprised that it does actually go well together!
You could really taste both it's sweet & savoury-ness when eating this dish.

The bacon was cooked really nicely.
It was also soft enough for you to just slice it through with ease. Mmm.


And of course, a meal is always incomplete without some dessert :)


Banoffee Pie w/ maple roasted pecans, dulce de leche and shaved chocolate ($13)
vs
Rhubarb and Custard Crumble w/ vanilla bean ice cream ($12)

High praise on their Banoffee pie!
Every component came together really well.
There was also a small layer of bananas at the bottom which just tasted delightful.


Burnt Orange represents everything a cafe should be.
Great location, great atmosphere, great service & great food!

Burnt Orange on Urbanspoon

Labels: , , ,