eat sleep eat repeat
Home · Food · Twitter · Facebook · Jux · Contact



A glimpse into my personal life along
w/ my scrumptious food adventures!
Follow me on Instagram
@eatsleepeatrepeat_
Instagram

take your pick



footsteps

twitter


Global Destinations
Waku Ghin, Singapore
Jaan, Singapore
The Fat Duck, Melbourne
Bo Innovation, Hong Kong
Wafills, Hong Kong
Alice on Wednesday, Japan

Before I Die
Ultra Music Festival Miami
Tomorrowland Belgium
Electric Daisy Carnival
Defqon 1
Disneyworld Florida
France, Italy, Paris, Amsterdam, London, Ibiza
Buy a Modern House

Recent Posts
· Ramen Ikkyu
· Wooden Spoon
· August Top 2013
· Cala Luna
· Gelato Messina
· Toshiya
· Mad Spuds
· MasterChef Dining & Bar
· Copo Cafe & Diner
· Chur Burger

Search

CalvinTCQ Sydney restaurants

Mini Food Gallery
For only food related posts, click on the food link at the top.

Instagram

Burnt Orange
Sunday, September 8, 2013 | Posted by CalvinTCQ ♣ | 0 footsteps ♠

My friend requested me to bring him to Burnt Orange for his 'birthday brunch'
Burnt Orange is located in Mosman.
I'm always down for any cafe that's located in Mosman :D


The place was incredibly beautiful!
Argh, I regretted not taking any photos of the cafe itself.

There are a few tables that overlooks the river, and the view is just incredible. 
Having brunch with this view, on a sunny day, is just perfect :)



Eggs Benedict: Poached eggs on toasted brioche & hollandaise sauce w/ Tasmanian smoked salmon ($18)

I opted for their eggs benedict cause I wanted something light and gentle on the tummy.
& I can say that dish was pretty well executed!
I especially loved that they used a brioche instead of regular toast.
The brioche was soft enough that I could just slice my knife through the whole thing. Yum!


Breakfast Bruschetta: Vine tomato & avocado salsa with smoked bacon and poached egg on grilled sourdough ($18)



Buttermilk pancakes w/ double smoked bacon and maple syrup ($15)

Had a taste of my friend's pancakes. 
It was my first time trying bacon with pancakes.
I was pleasantly surprised that it does actually go well together!
You could really taste both it's sweet & savoury-ness when eating this dish.

The bacon was cooked really nicely.
It was also soft enough for you to just slice it through with ease. Mmm.


And of course, a meal is always incomplete without some dessert :)


Banoffee Pie w/ maple roasted pecans, dulce de leche and shaved chocolate ($13)
vs
Rhubarb and Custard Crumble w/ vanilla bean ice cream ($12)

High praise on their Banoffee pie!
Every component came together really well.
There was also a small layer of bananas at the bottom which just tasted delightful.


Burnt Orange represents everything a cafe should be.
Great location, great atmosphere, great service & great food!

Burnt Orange on Urbanspoon

Labels: , , ,