Home · Food Reviews · Twitter · Facebook · Jux · Contact



A glimpse into my personal life along
w/ my scrumptious food adventures!
Follow me on Instagram
@eatsleepliverepeat
Instagram

about me

= A Malaysian Soul =
- Foodie at Heart -
+ World Traveller +

footsteps

take your pick



twitter


Global Destinations
Dining in the Dark, KL
Waku Ghin, Singapore
Jaan, Singapore
The Fat Duck, Melbourne
Bo Innovation, Hong Kong
Wafills, Hong Kong
The Great Wall of China

Before I Die
Ultra Music Festival Miami
Tomorrowland Belgium
Electric Daisy Carnival
Defqon 1
Disneyworld Florida
France, Italy, Amsterdam, London, Ibiza
Buy a Modern House
Stay in an Underwater Hotel
Cruise on the Royal Caribbean

Recent Posts
· girls and boys
· squeaky clean
· omnifck
· upcoming gigs
· on transit
· buka puasa
· young and beautiful
· glorious scallops
· crispy hair
· cba

Search

CalvinTCQ Sydney restaurants

Mini Gallery
Living life to the fullest #yolo

Instagram

Excelsior Jones
Wednesday, July 31, 2013 | Posted by CalvinTCQ ♣ | 0 footsteps ♠

First food destination crossed off! :)
I guess I'll write a little review of the cafes/restaurants I explore :P


Visited the almighty Excelsior Jones.
TimeOut Magazine voted this cafe as the Cafe of the Year 2013.
So yeah I def wanted to give this a try.



Pork Hock w/ Pearl Shallots, Fried Buckwheat, Poached Egg & Fresh Herbs ($16)

This is not your ordinary kind of cafe that serves a 'big breakfast'.
They have a very limited/small menu, which is fine for specializing.
But this dish, Pork Hock, along with their Cheeseburger, are their most talked about dish. 

So, I decided to order the Pork Hock!
I found this dish to be very under-seasoned :(
I had to constantly put additional salt and pepper to keep up with the flavours.
I'm not sure if it's intentional, cause potato dishes are meant to be 'healthy' (?)
But there are elements of this dish that made it quite yummy (WITH the extra salt and pepper that is)
The herbs that complemented the pork and potatoes were yum!

As for the atmosphere, it's not the best setting to chill in.
I felt like the cafe is quite confined. I like cafes with large spaces.
I think so far, West Julliet has the best atmosphere to just chill all day.

Judging from this dish alone, along with the atmosphere, 
I rate Excelsior Jones 6.5/10. 
I MAY go back in the future to try their cheeseburger. But that might be quite a long way down the road.


























Excelsior Jones on Urbanspoon

Labels: , , ,